The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in theblogosphere”
Firstly I would like to thank An Outcast Wayfarer for the nomination into the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you so much! Please do check out her site for some really fascinating tales of travel and her enthusiasm for spontaneous musings and her very bubblicious takes on travel and life.
There are 4 simple rules to the Sunshine Award that must be adhered too:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
For the 11 bloggers I have chosen for this award, here are my questions for you!
- How long have you been blogging
- What do you consider to be your favourite blog post in your blog articles and why
- What would you like to tell the world in your stories
- What do you think is the best style to bring your story across to your audience
- What do you think is the responsibility of a travel blogger
- How honest are you to tell the truth about your site reviews if you are paid for it
- How would you like to interact with fellow bloggers in the same field
- What is your goal and purpose for travel blogging
- What is your bucket list as a blogger
- What is your dream destination to blog about
My 11 nominated bloggers for the award are:
- Andrei Nechaev
- Dan on the road
- Trevor Bide
- Annika Ziehen
- Lesley Carter
- Mike and Regina
- Hugh Hamilton
- Debbie and Darcy
To An Outcast Wayfarer, these are the answers to your questions!
- What’s the coolest thing you ever saw.
Very intricate Thai wooden puppets. I have a deep fascination for these puppets which take a long time to make, has almost 38 different articulate points and are so fine in craftsmanship for the glittering costumes representing characters from the Ramayana epic
- Your favourite movies.
Definitely scary good ghost stories, Marvel hero movies and science fiction. A good comedy now and then is fine but spare me the soppy romantics and B grade movies
- What’s something you’d like to achieve?
To be a successful site on tourism for Thailand, I cannot say authoritative site as that would be the Tourism council .. lolol but something close to it!
- Are you as lazy as I? You would be very lazy then.
Yes I can be very lazy and just want to sit in and vegetate at times but then the work piles up and I find I have to sit for longer hours churning reviews out when I feel like being on the field!
- The funniest lie you ever lied?
That I am full when on a food or restaurant inspection because I do not want them to bring out loads of food dishes that I think would be wasted anyway. My main aim is just to try a few signature dish not the whole menu and also for me to see the true service and attitude, which is why I hardly if ever mention I am coming until I have finished and paid for it that I say I am here on review!
- What’s likeable about mosquitoes?
Hahaha … aside from the fact that they are dangerous and can be deadly? I am afraid that would be none. I have seen how mosquitoes can literally kill with one bite and how much suffering it can bring to the person infected and as a matter of interest, did you know that it was a mosquito that brought down one of the mightiest King of Thailand? I do not like them but would treat them with great respect aka to stay away as far as possible from them!
- What’s something you miss in the blogosphere?
More participation by fellow bloggers to grow the many travel blogs and share ideas
- Do you know that me nominating you means that I really want your blog to grow? How will you try to let it grow?
Yes I do and it is greatly appreciated. My current blog is actually linked to my new enterprise for travel portal . Aside from blogging I am also sourcing new travel destinations that I can add to my portal for clients who plan trips to Thailand as I am a Thailand-centric site. Through my reviews and inspections I bring a new way of tourism preferring to focus on quality travel plans rather than quantity. So my blogs are a way to tell the stories of these places that I have in mind to add to my itineraries. Visitors to Thailand are encouraged through social media such as off course WordPress, Facebook, Google+. Instagram and other social sites to read the blogs so that they know, understand and have options to visit the different interesting places of which some are not on regular tourism routes as well as to arm themselves with more knowledge about the people, culture, customs of Thailand before they travel here.
- For how long have you been blogging on your current blog?
My blog started in 2012 but I have been actively blogging in this blog only in the recent year. Prior to this I had another blog which took most of my time so now I am an independent blogger
- Who is the grossest person you ever met?
I have yet to meet one to be honest so this question is hard for me to answer
- What’s to you the coolest thing in the world?
The coolest thing to me in the world is the latest invention of a convertible helicopter car which I saw in a post on FB, think of how easy it would be to travel from one destination to the next without having to wait in traffic jams and being able to reach your destination with ease! I would love one of these contraptions if it became available on the market.